Monday, January 22, 2007

The Road to Understanding

My good friend Nancy Wagner wrote this to me the other day - I thought it was so encouraging I asked her permission to share it here. She wrote:

I have something I would like to share with you.
A few years ago I did a fall scene of a tree lined uphill road, and I wrote the following to go with the painting. Here is what I wrote:

The Road to Understanding

To live life fully as God ordained, one must walk with Jesus on the Road to Understanding - following the light of His Wisdom.

It's uphill most of the way and when the storms come and your getting deeper and deeper in the dark valley, as the road before you twists and turns in frightening confusing directions, it's then in anguish your heart cries out, "Jesus help me." You call on His name and the light of His Love gives you inner vision, where you had none.

His Light glows within your heart giving you courage and strength to resist the fear of the dark and unknown paths that lie ahead. So you forge out in faith, not seeing, not knowing where the path you've taken will take you.

You walk eagerly forward in faith and arrive without even knowing how you got there - high on top of a mountain with heavenly clouds and birds, lush trees and a stream of fresh clear, flowing water. And as you drink in the beauty and the crystal clear fluid of life abundant - you cry out once again, "Abba, Abba, merciful Father, thank you."

No comments: