Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why blog?

Gartenfische, keeper of that beautiful and often profound blog De Die in Diem, has written a long and thoughtful post about The Reason why people like she and I do this strange activity called blogging.

I shan't spend a great deal of time paraphrasing gartenfische here, because you really should click over and read the whole post for yourself, but her conclusion needs posting here, and everywhere else that people blog for the best of reasons:

The Reason? To Serve God. Yes, it may sound quaint, but there it is.

4 comments:

St Edwards Blog said...

Amen, amen indeed. I will go over there and read her piece in more detail, she writes from a place of deep wisdom.

All things to serve God.

I wrote a faith related post at FranIam, which I invite you to read if time permits. Be forewarned, I am not feeling kindly about the Holy Father's visit to the US.

On the same day I wrote about embracing the leper, so to speak, at St. Edward's as I dealt with a bout of judgment.

I blog in both places for many reasons, to speak my truth and to heal, but yes, the primary thing is to serve God.

Amen, amen.

Mike Farley said...

Fran, it seems to be one of the hardest things when one isn't happy with stuff in one's own church. Francis himself found it so!

Thank you for the links to these two posts. Pope Benedict XVI does seem to be a man who provokes extreme reactions, one way or another!

Ultimately, it's Christ's church, not Benedict's or Williams' or yours or mine, and he is the one who started all this leper-embracing stuff in the first place...

Blessings, Fran!

Mike

Jan said...

I so appreciate you, Garten, and Fran's posts. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You know, Mike, you are such a blessing, and you really helped me to re-remember my Reason! I am very grateful for you, dear brother.