Friday, April 18, 2008

Little things...

please little minds, they say. I'm disproportionately delighted by having discovered that if you increase the text size (Firefox Ctrl++) in the Blogger WYSIWYG editor, you can actually see what you're doing, and it becomes a very useful little tool. Saves time firing up that great blunderbuss of Windows Live Writer, and it pleases me in the way GMail does, in that you can do pretty much everything you need right in a browser tab, which seems elegant and right.

Years ago I worked for a while for Pathfinder Telecom - the outfit that pioneered VideoPlus, though I worked on their least-cost routing operation - and all the interfaces that we used to control the SQL routing databases and (remotely) the individual customers' LCRM modules, worked through web pages. I thought then how neat that was, with all the software server-side, and the thin-client workstations simply using browsers.

Like I said, little things...

No comments: