Friday, November 09, 2007

Laika (better late than never...)

[I'm afraid I just discovered this in my drafts - for some reason I'd never actually published it. Sorry, but it somehow means too much to me to let it pass... Laika's Day was of course November 3rd.]

A lovely prayer from the Byzigenous Buddhapalian's blog - it's well worth reading the whole moving prayer

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals, especially for those animals that are suffering; for all that are overworked and underfed and cruelly treated; for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat against the bars; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened; for all that are in pain or dying; for all that must be put to death. We entreat for those who deal with them a heart of compassion, gentle hands, and kind words; that they may share thus the blessing of the merciful. For you, O lord, will save both human and beast, and great is your loving-kindness. Amen.

BB notes that it may be a Russian prayer, which would make it especially right for Laika's day...

Byzigenous Buddhapalian: Holy Laika, pray for us

2 comments:

Paul said...

MIke,
How very kind of you to link to me twice in a row. Of course, I am a shameless borrower and claim nothing original in what you passed on, but passing on treasures is a wonderful thing to do so more folks may enjoy. My thanks go to MadPriest at OCICBW and to JN1034 and all the fascinating folk we meet in blogland that enrich our lives. Thanks for your postings that also enrich my world.

Mike Farley said...

Thank you, Paul! You are so right about the riches of the blogosphere - there are many good hearts and true out here in cyberspace!