Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Very Silly Meme Indeed

Franiam tagged Padre Mickey with this music meme. No-one tagged me yet that I've seen, so I'm going to gatecrash the party. (Wanna make somethin of it? Huh?)

The rules:
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT(this is in capital letters, so it is very serious.)

So here goes:

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? Anchorage - Michelle Shocked
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? We Are Climbing Jesus' Ladder - Musicroom
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? Partly Cloudy - Jedidiah Baker
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? Not Enough Africa - Ego Response Technician
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? Prototype A - Mon0
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? Under Ice - Kate Bush
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? You Bless Me Lord - Scott Underwood
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? The Audience - Emmanuel Farley (no relation)
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Aurora - Djinnestan
10. WHAT IS 2+2? Massive - Verian Thomas
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Highway Blues - Mark Searles
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Inside the Supernova - Mystahr
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? A Slow Retreat - litmus0001
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Light (Pt. 7) Sonoprint
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Let It Come - Trent & St Albans Vineyard Bands
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Ready - BetaMax
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? Inflight Refuel - Akashic Crow's Nest
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Grounding - Taylor Deupree & Christopher Willits
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Mystified - Fleetwood Mac
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? Songbird - Eva Cassidy
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Mystery - Miles Davis
22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? Cocaine - JJ Cale

After a life story of Slow Retreat, Grounding is just right for funeral music, don't you think? Some of the answers are even more priceless, but since this is a relatively family-friendly blog, I'm not going to exegete them here...

Now I have a very anarchic attitude to tagging (see above) so if you read this and feel like a certain amount of music-related craziness, with the risk of some exceedingly strange responses, you're tagged!

5 comments:

Padre Mickey said...

Mike, I'm glad you gate-crashed, as I actually did consider tagging you; I'm pretty sure I owe you one!

VERY interesting answers!

Happy St. John of Damascus Day!

Jan said...

Interesting and fun.

Sorry-I don't have an ipod.

Jane R said...

LOVE the answers! I'd play, but I don't own an iPod.

Mike Farley said...

Thanks for the thought, Padre - glad you enjoyed the answers.

Jan, I didn't use an iPod, I used Winamp on my PC. You just select your entire library as the playlist, and press shuffle... Ah, algorithms!

Mike Farley said...

Sorry Jane - your comment was filtering down through the innards of Blogger when I replied to Jan - but I imagine you could do the same trick with any other half-decent software... which has the advantage of having access to your whole music collection, which in my case wouldn't begin to fit on a portable ;-)