Monday, March 10, 2008

Tagged...

Padre Mickey, Panama's answer to d'Addario Strings, has tagged me for what seems to be a remarkably silly meme. He was tagged by a dog, by the way.

It is the Middle Name meme. Of which I have two... H' mm.

Here are the rules:

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)

OK...

J - Jan, with whom I fell in love pretty nearly at first sight, though it took me two years to admit it!

O - Ovation, by far and away my favourite acoustic guitar maker.

H - Hairs, cat, which are the main feature of our home. Black ones (Figgy's), white ones (Lulu's) and ginger ones (also Lulu's). I am usually decorated with an assortment of all three colours.

N - Nine, my size in shoes. (UK sizes, that is.) It's also my favourite number, for some reason I've never fathomed.

 

G - Guitar - like Padre, I play six-string, and bass as well, but mainly 6-string electric.

U - University - never actually went to one, as such. Art School, yes; Agricultural College, yes. (Though not at the same time.)

Y - Young. Some say I never was. I've always been sort of grave and thoughtful, even at my craziest.

 

I can't tag seven other people. I shan't. I rebel. If seven readers of this would like to consider themselves tagged, be my guest. If this is you, then there yer go... Just leave me a comment to tell how it happened...

6 comments:

Padre Mickey said...

I like Ovations, too. I just bought an ovation applause a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for playing! AND for bringing up the shameful truth that i. . . that I. . . WAS TAGGED BY A DOG!!!

Mike Farley said...

Oh, I don't know, Padre - there are worse things to be tagged by than a dog. Imagine being tagged by a large snake... Anyway, you mustn't let Chompy read that comment. She'd be mortified. Probably have to go and chew on a stinky rabbit toy till she regained her composure.

Sue said...

Art school and agricultural school. How cool.

Jan said...

I love your J--your wife is lucky to have you, just as you must be blessed to have her.

St Edwards Blog said...

Oh I was tagged at tagged by a dog as well, at FranIam!

What fun to read however- thank you!

What is Chompita's middlename I wonder? Did Padre tag her too??

Mike Farley said...

Yes, Sue, I had fun, generally. Art School was where I began to play music seriously, and had my first bits of writing published. To tell the truth, I did more of those things than Fine Art, Graphics, and History of Art, which I was meant to be studying. Ag. Coll., years later, was a blast. Agriculture & Veterinary Science. I had some wonderful teachers, too, full of enthusiasm and love for their subjects.

Jan - your namesake is thoroughly wonderful - not a day goes by without my realising how blessed I am!

I don't think Senora Chompita has her own blog, does she, Fran? Maybe the Padre needs to do something about that? The poor dog can't live all her life insulated from the blogosphere, can she?