Saturday, October 15, 2005

Linked!

I've at last linked in The Mercy Site to this blog, so I can put up regular posts in the reasonable hope that Mercy visitors will find their way here...

Do leave a comment if you like - especially to let me know if you found the link through sufficiently obvious without getting in the way.

A colleague forwarded to me a wonderful word from Teresa Seputis - the full text can be found here - this is just a highlight:
Child of Mine, I am taking you through a series of situations to cause your faith to grow. These situations are designed to push you past your comfort zone and force you to trust Me in an area without pushing you beyond your ability to believe. Then, as you step out where I push you, you will see Me come through for you. As you experience My faithfulness in that situation, and it will cause your faith to grow. Then I will push you a bit further. I am going to take you through experience after experience that are designed to grow and mature your faith.

If you watch and see what I am doing in your life, you will notice a pattern as I put you into the same type of faith-producing sitaution over and over again. I am explaining it to you clearly so that you don't become confused and think you are under the attack of the enemy. Understand that this is My hand upon you to cause your faith to grow and not an attack of the enemy. So instead of looking to war in the spirit, cooperate with Me in the area of trusting Me and stepping out in faith.


I don't know about you, but this explains so much I encounter day after day - and God does take one deeper like this, painful though it is... "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11 (NIV)

No comments: