Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Falling in love...

Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in a love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the mornings, what you will do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.

Pedro Arrupe, SJ

4 comments:

Jan said...

I have always loved this quote! I heard it first from a sister teaching a class on ethics at a Roman Catholic theology school. It is beautiful.

Sorry I haven't been commenting--too much going on with my youngest daughter graduating and leaving.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Absolutely beautiful and inspiring.

St Edwards Blog said...

I love how when I get to this blog, the Holy Spirit feeds my heart, my hungry heart.

Thank you and thank God!

Anonymous said...

I am the Grace Moments writer on St. Edwards blog. I read the comment that you sent to Fran about Evangelazation and since her article had my mind buzzing, I decided to see what your blog was all about. Falling in love had special meaning to me since it was so true. I speak from personal experience.

Keep up the good work.

I had absolutely no idea of what a blog was and then in a grace moment meeting with Fran, I am now a writer. God brings people together for a reason.

Dolores