Friday, October 26, 2007

A meme, a meme!

Sitting up too late with Google Reader, I discover I've been tagged by Paula, for her amazing 7 random &/or weird facts meme, so without further ado:

  1. Paula says, "Even as a baby I could not eat the film which forms on milk after boiling..." I love it - yum! Even better, Jan feels the same as Paula, so I get to eats hers too :-)
  2. I too hate to iron clothes. We both do. We therefore try and buy ones that don't need it. Or at least ones we can pretend don't need it.
  3. I have a bent ring finger on my left hand. It broke years ago when I hit a wall with the yard scraper on the tractor. (Don't ask...) It works fine, but it leads to some unusual fingerings on the guitar - it would take me ages to learn normal fingerings again if it were to be miraculously straightened tomorrow.
  4. I too love all cats. If I had a free choice I'd have two ordinary moggies, a black & white (neutered) tom, and a calico female, both shorthaired. But all our cats have been rescues, and that's the way it should be. So we've a dear little plain black, and a lovely crazy white & orange one, both girls.
  5. I like miso even better than milk skin. I'd walk miles in a rainstorm for a really good genmai miso.
  6. I'm very fond of spiders, all kinds of spiders, and I know most of the commoner British ones by their scientific names. I love their different webs (or absence of webs) and their cunning ways of making a living.
  7. My father was a church organist, and a very serious amateur classical pianist, but although I'm the spitting image of him to look at, I haven't inherited keyboard genes. I can play most things with strings, to varying degrees, and I blow a mean shofar - keyboards I just can't cope with.

I'm no good at tagging people for memes - I always seem to get people who'd never think of doing one, or else they've done the one I'm trying to tag them for already, weeks ago... So if anyone reading this feels like being tagged, consider it done, with peace and blessings from me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-). Thanks for the answer, Mike.